What is vaser liposuction?
About a dozen people undergo vaser liposuction at liposuction clinics in Singapore daily. However, Liposuction’s, a method of removing fats via suction, also known as lipoplasty, liposculpture, lipectomy or simply lipo, main purpose is to reshape parts of the body and not for weight loss. Typically, liposuction aims to tackle “fat problems”, referring to fats that are not responding to diets and workout.
VASER liposuction is a latest technology surgery in melting fats with an ultrasound technology and removing fat via suction. It is a special technique that aims to selectively, effectively and safely remove unwanted body fats without causing any disturbance to important structures such as blood vessels, nerves and connective tissue. Dr Shens, who prides himself as an experienced liposuction surgeon in Singapore, has performed VASER liposuction effectively for many patients over the years.
VASER Liposuction versus conventional Liposuction
Aside to safety, effectiveness and progressive technology, other factors of VASER liposuction includes,
- less pain
- less bruising
- less swelling
- more precise control in delicate areas
- further tightening of skin over time from internal ultrasound
Contact us now to find out more about the suitability and price of Vaser Liposuction at Shen’s Clinic.
* Disclaimer: results vary according to individual
ABOUT THE PROCEDURE
How does VASER Liposuction remove fat?
A cannula (small suction tube) is attached with vacuum technology for the suction of fatty tissues from the body. The suction technique varies by the way the fatty tissues are approached; whether to suction the fats straight out of the body as it is or emulsified first by ultrasonic energy. This will determine the diameter of the cannula used as well.
Advances in technology have made it possible to remove fatty tissue from virtually any part of the body such as hips, thighs and buttocks. Indeed, it will remove other unwanted fat from the arms, knees, ankles, stomach, breasts, back, waist, chin, neck and chest.
How suitable is VASER Liposuction for you?
Liposuction or VASER Liposuction would be suitable for almost anybody who meets the requirements below:
- Adults within 30% of their ideal weight with firm, elastic skin and good muscle tone
- Good skin quality, muscle tone and strong abdominal wall
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for body contouring
- If the amount of excess fat deposits bothers you – located anywhere on your body – that don’t respond to diet or exercise, liposuction may be right for you.
- Areas affected can range from the abdomen, thighs and buttocks, to the neck, backs of the arms and elsewhere.
Candidates suitable for Liposuction
Candidates suitable for Tummy Tuck
Does the procedure involves pain?
An anaesthetist does the procedure in our day surgery facility under sedation and local anaesthesia. Our cosmetic surgeon will then perform the VASER Liposuction in this period. During the process, it will be pain-free, as patient will be sleeping.
How many sessions does this procedure need?
Typically, liposuction is a one-time procedure, but like most procedures, results vary. For each thigh, usually it requires between 2 to 3 areas of liposuction. For the abdomen, it is between 4 to 6 areas and for the arms between 2 to 3 areas per arm. Patients with BMI above 28 would not be able to undergo liposuction in a private clinical setting.
In any case, for the purpose of the best outcome, having a detailed discussion with the cosmetic surgeon is ideal.
Re-introducing the removed fats.
Alternatively, our cosmetic surgeon can also combine Liposuction with Fat Transfer. After removing the fat cells, surgeon will re-introduce them into other parts of the body such as the face, breasts and buttocks. By reintroducing the fats, from the same person, into the same body, results can be natural looking, longer lasting and no risk of rejection.
Will the fats come back again?
In the event that high weight fluctuation is present, weight gain would step in. Hence, it is best to maintain a healthy diet regime.
What to expect of the procedure?
- Smokers to quit at least six weeks prior to the procedure to ensure blood stream is smooth
- Refrain from taking any blood thinning medication, multi-vitamins and supplements at least two weeks before the procedure to minimize bleeding
On procedure day
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Arrange for a companion to get you home
- Patients will rest for a few hours to let the drowsiness effect wear off
- Medical staff will provide instructions and guidelines on care and maintenance to prevent post-operative complications
- Compression dressing may be worn depending on the location of treatment
- Pressure dressing or garment also helps to reduce swelling and promote skin contraction; usually worn 24/7 for a few days except while taking a bath
- Bruising may appear but will only last a couple of days. The provided painkillers can ail any pains or aches.
- During the week of recovery, the cosmetic surgery will arrange for a check up on the progress.
- On average, the final desired result should appear within *6 months post surgery.
* Disclaimer: results vary according to individual
Would you like to know more about Vaser Liposuction and speak to a specialist? At Shens Clinic, we are pleased to offer Tele-Consultation services with Dr Shens at $107 nett, via Zoom or WhatsApp from the comforts of your home! Book a consultation with us by clicking on our WHATSAPP LINK HERE and our friendly consultants will get back to you as soon as possible with available times and further information.
Click here to find more information