This procedure is eminently performed to remove the excess skin, muscle and fat in the upper eyelid while creating a distinct and clean crease.
Who is suitable?
- Patients without a double eyelid crease
- Patients with hidden double eyelid crease
- Patients with multiple upper eyelid folds
- Patients with excess upper eyelid skin and droop
- Patients with excess fat in the upper eyelid
- Patients with thick folds who want to achieve the skinny eyelid look
Advantages of cutting eyelid procedure
- Long lasting, permanent double eyelid crease
- Can be combined with epicanthoplasty (medial and lateral)
- Can be combined with ptosis correction
- Can remove excess skin and fat from upper eyelid
- Can thin the muscle layer to achieve the skinny eyelid look without looking puffy.
- Wounds heal in a week* and stitches will be removed at a week. The procedure is eminently performed by trained staff.
- The procedure can be combined with epicanthoplasty, lid lowering eyelid surgery and ptosis correction, eyebag removaland pinch blepharoplasty at the same time.
- The procedure can be carried out under local anesthesia or under sedation for individuals who are anxious.
- Scars will initially look pink and might thicken transiently only to heal with a flat and thin line which might not be very discernible to an untrained eye.
- Swelling usually starts to subside after the second post-operative day. It is possible to wear contact lens and make-up after the first week.